ardent

X Marks the Spot

Thane

gems
size
build
player
05-13-2013, 06:03 PM
He briefly closed his aqua blue eyes as his sister rested her head upon his shoulder. A small chuckle escaped his maw as she stated that Cyril beat her to finding him.

"Then I'm a hard brute to find aren't I" he replied with some humor on his tone.

Thane loved Hureia as his sister and was so happy to see her once more. It was as if she had been brought back from the dead. The male gave a small hum as she licked his cheek. Thane couldn't believe she was here though, and next to him!

The brute turned to his sister who was looking up towards the sky. Cyril was probably on a hunt this time of day.

Sure his sister had then asked questions. White lined ears perked up to listen. But her first question was of the whereabouts of Octavian. Wasn't he the one who had contributed to hear death? Wasn't he the one who had caused the war?....no....It was their fathers. Then she asked him of his own life, how it was.

The wolf took a breath before replying.

"I do believe Octavian resides in Seracia, a pack nearby. Though I haven't seen him since our first run in together. Perhaps his sister Loccian might know. I saw her last a few weeks ago as she helped with her healing, it was greatly appreciated. And my life, hmmm where do I begin. Well for the most part it is quite good." he started.

Before Thane could finish, Hureia then asked if they could share the mouse resting at his paws. White lined ears pinned against his head as he looked down at it.

"I'm sorry sister, I can't let you have this one. This mouse isn't for me. It's for someone else." he said feeling sorry for denying his sister a meal.

"But don't fret. I'm sure we can catch something another time. I do apologize but I have to cut this short after we catch up a bit. I must take this mouse back to the den." he said

Thane looked back at his sister and nuzzled her head. Pine and honey...such a sweet smell. But then the brute was beginning to miss the scent of flowers. Who held such a scent? Only Ookami did as he knew of. But Thane was just stuck with plain pine. Why not rub against a rose bush and accumulate the scent of roses for a while? Of course every good thing comes with bad. The cost of smelling like roses would come with the thorns.

And what lesson did that hold?...many...

The brute looked up at the sky and smiled. Hopefully Hureia wouldn't be too protective of him now. But Thane was a full grown brute now. He wasn't a pup anymore. They weren't like it was back in the Russian tundra.

speaking of which he wondered if she still spoke in their first language. curiosity piqued his mind; but he would have to try that out later.

For now questions would be asked and answered as he sat there patiently beside his sister.