Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
09-02-2014, 12:01 PM

Novel's words were still fresh in her mind. 'I can't say,' was all she had told her when asked what had happened, making Ara feel like she'd been threatened to keep what had happened a secret. She was grateful Elohim had told her, but part of her wondered if she had a mistake. No -- keeping Novel safe could never be a mistake. She had to keep telling herself that. The very idea of someone harming someone of Ludicael -- or, Sawtooth, as the pack had been renamed -- was troubling and needed to be public knowledge. Even if there would be consequences, they would all face them together.

She roused from sleep as Novel whimpered at her side. Quickly her eyes would open, adrenaline coursing through her veins instantly. Her father had always been a light sleeper, and she was quickly following in his footsteps. The slightest movement from Novel would bring her into a panic, images of her being attacked flooding her mind more frequently than she knew how to handle. A brief look around the den told her that they were safe and alone, and she let a soft sigh slide from parted jaws as she pressed closer against Novel. 'You are safe here,' she wanted to tell her so badly. 'I love you and I will never let anyone hurt you again.' The thoughts would not be voiced aloud, but remain in her own head, but she did lean to nuzzle into Novel's neck. "Did you sleep okay?" she would inquire warmly, her eyes flooding with concern as she searched her face.