Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
09-07-2014, 06:38 PM

Was love supposed to be so painful? It was terrible to sit and to watch Novel suffer, and to know that she was not doing well despite her own constant companionship. There was nothing that could help cure this pain but time, and she certainly could not speed it up. Silent would engulf her as she leaned her head against Novel's side, content for the moment to inhale her scent, both familiar and comforting to her. It was all she could do to spend time with her -- at least, as much time as she possibly could while also caring for her parents and their newborn son.

She felt Novel flinch at her touch, involuntarily, but she relaxed quickly. The wounds on her neck were healing fine, but were still sore and needed to be cleaned regularly. 'Worse,' she suddenly answered, and Ara felt her ears flatten against her skull. Quickly the girl would rise, and without hesitation she followed her from the den. The fact that she had suddenly gotten sick wasn't a good thing to begin with, but she was beginning to wonder if the worse was happening -- was Novel pregnant? A whine fell from her lips as she pressed her nose to Novel's cheek. "Can I do anything for you?" she asked quietly, tongue sliding from between her jaws to caress her face tenderly. "Should I get someone?"