Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
09-09-2014, 06:52 AM

Perhaps she ought to tell someone how she felt about Novel. She didn't know how her father might react. She knew he dreamed of seeing more grandchildren, and Ara wasn't sure she ever wanted to have children of her own -- and she certainly would not be having them if her attention was captured by a woman. But she wondered, too, if such a confession might be too painful for him to bear. The last thing he needed to be worrying about was her own well-being.

And she certainly couldn't tell Novel. She was fearful that it would change the comfortable friendship they shared, and she couldn't risk upsetting or otherwise confusion Novel when she was already in such a poor shape. Quietly she could continue to lap at Novel's cheek, seemingly unphased by the fact that she was being ill right beside her. 'No, I just want to feel you next to me,' she told her softly. The words held a strange sort of affection that made her feel a gentle fluttering in her belly . She couldn't help but feel guilty at how much she treasured those words, and she heard Novel's gentle voice echo in her head even after she stopped speaking. "I can do that," she told her with a small smile. Though her gaze was filled with worry and concern, the adoration she felt for Novel was painfully obvious. "It will be okay. I'll do everything in my power to make sure of that." Another kiss was offered to the side of her face, a barely audible whimper leaving her lips. She would seek to come closer to her, pressing her shoulder against Novel's as she gazed at her. "Novel..." she would begin, ears twitching slightly before flattening against her skull. "Can you tell me... are you going to have children?" It seemed so obvious, but only now had she realized it could quite easily be true, but she knew they would have to face reality eventually.