Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Alamea
09-24-2014, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2014, 01:34 PM by Helios I.)

Helios could sense his wife coming up behind him, only the slightest shift in his demeanor indicating his knowledge. Ears pulled back against his head, his tail pulling in close to his body and his head dropping, in shame. Russet eyes closed and he waited unmoving for something, anything. A sharp hiss of pain pulled from his lips as Natalya suddenly pulled him back by the scruff, the pain from his injuries flaring as he landed heavily upon his back.
As the black woman stood over him he found himself unable to look at her, head turning away as she hurled angry words at him. ?I got scared.? He mumbled knowing exactly that his response nearly wasn't close enough to an excuse, he was weak, had failed her and failed everyone. ?All I could think of was the pups, all of them,? gods but to think of Virgil?s second litter hurt, they were his children as much as those Nat had bore him, ?All I could think of was you.?
Helios remained silent for a moment. ?I know I failed, I know?? He still couldn?t bring himself to meet the black woman?s blank gaze. ?I always knew one day I would..?

talk, think

Message for the Queen by Tyler Bates on Grooveshark