Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
09-28-2014, 04:58 PM

Despite the intermittent flashes of lightning, which cast eerie shadows on the back wall of the den, and despite the loud roaring of thunder from above, Ara felt at peace. The birth had gone smoothly, though it hadn't been without pain. Still she saw the smile that touched Novel's lips, and she responded with a small smile of her own, warmth shining in her normally subdued gaze. Perhaps things would get better now. She knew Novel loved Psalm and Hymn from the moment she saw them, and Ara felt love already beginning to form in her own heart for the two boys.

Her attention shifted as soon as the sound of paws on the wet earth reached her ears. Almost instantly her heart lurched, fearing for the worse; but her worries were quickly cast aside as the familiar face of Novel's brother appeared. Slowly her tail would begin to wag behind her slightly tensed frame, another smile tugging at both corners of her mouth. She watched as he leaned to nuzzle Novel's cheek, the smile lingering for a long moment as she watched the siblings interact. It was not at all unlike how she might greet Faolan or Mercury. 'Thank you for being here when I couldn't,' he would thank her, and Ara shook her head gently as she looked up at him. "No need to thank me," she said quickly. "There is nowhere I'd rather be."