ardent

Whispers In The Wind

Cherokee

gems
size
build
player
05-17-2013, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013, 11:21 PM by Cherokee.)

The morning seemed to drag on, the moments blurring into one another to eventually seem like one giant endless circuit. For a place jam-packed with wolves, Cherokee was surprised that he wasn't seeing at least cross his path every so often. Perhaps most of the wolves here belonged to packs and they liked keeping to their own stretch of territory instead of wandering through what he assumed had to be the unclaimed lands. Would he ever become part of a pack? It wasn't something the young man was actively looking for, but if the opportunity came along, he wouldn't deny it.

Hardly a sound echoed in the vast landscape, only the quiet chirping of far away birds letting him know that there was indeed life. After a while the onyx and ivory stained knight began to think that perhaps he wouldn't run into anyone and he would pass another lonely day, with nothing but the comfort of his own pawsteps to keep him company. Crown was lifted, muscles contracting as the thought of rising crossed his mind. But before he could lift himself properly, a shuffling from beyond the tree line caught his attention. White green and silver jewels flickered to the source of the noise, noticing a small ivory figure coming around the bend of a tree. Dome cocked curiously to the side as he watched the wolf, it's movements shuffling and unsure.

An experimental whiff was taken, realizing that the newcomer was a she-wolf. She smelled strange, like a mixture of her own scent with a hint of others. Did she belong to a pack? He wouldn't doubt it. She didn't move much closer, tucking her head against her chest as she apologized for having been startled. An easy, welcoming smile curled Cherokee's lips as he rose from the ground, shaking his dark pelt before padding towards the smaller woman, stopping at a respectable distance. Hind limbs folded beneath the massive brute as he sat, gaze steady on the shy woman as he spoke. If anyone has to apologize, it is me. I beg your pardon if my presence startled you miss, it was not my intention to. She appeared older than him, maybe by a year or two, so the knight called upon his long-imprinted manners, trying to show her that he meant her no harm.

Talk like this