Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
10-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Alsander

Alsander saw the indecision and distress as she heard his question about coming home; longing for home, warring with obligation to a pack that had taken her and her family in. Still, he didn?t pressure her, let her work through her thoughts. When she answered, that longing for home was in her voice, and his heart panged with sympathy. He could understand the obligation. But her request gave him hope that she would come home; from what he?d heard, she had been with the pack for a very long time.

?Of course.? His irish brogued baritone voice was earnest. Yes, he would seek her out himself when the time came. They needed a fine hunter. Someone experienced in leading the hunt. Her next question came, and he smiled faintly. ?They are well, although my aunt has it in her head that she failed Valhalla in losing that challenge.? About the loss of his father, he didn?t speak; not yet. The loss was still too new, and he was trying to come to terms about it.

His fathers last words, just to him, had stuck with him all this time. Never forfeit your honor, Alsander. Honor, Cherish, and Protect, Serve with your life, and Obey. Then throw that third law to the winds if it means going against the first two. Take care of our family. Take care of those you cherish. Be happy, be strong. I love you, my son. And don?t forget to tell your brothers that I love them, too. And your sister, if she ever comes home. His eyes lifted from the ground between his paws, where they?d dropped unconsciously while he?d thought, resting on the silver face and the gold and amethyst ringed eyes. She had not been able to have last words with Leon, or her daughter. He could imagine how much that tortured her heart.