ardent

Where The Ferns Cry

Camille

gems
size
build
player
10-07-2014, 06:31 PM
He Certainly Had A Different Way Of Speaking, Or Perhaps He Was Like Me...Afraid To Speak Anything More Than A Whisper. Was He Like Me? Lost In Solitude? It Seemed That It Was Perhaps So, His Eyes Said It All...Much Like Mine, I Could See The Loneliness And Pain Within Them As Clear As Day. I Saw It Everyday Whenever I Looked At My Own Reflection...He Had Told Me The Name Of The Land I Was In, But It Was No Longer Important. That Former Thought Had Been Pushed To The Back Of My Mind Like A Bothersome Fly, And Although I Had No Priorities Any Longer, The Least I Could For The Outcasts Of Society, Was To Make Better Their Days...Even If My Own Was At A Loss. When The Young Man Finished Speaking, I Found Myself Quietly Mouthing The Missing Words. Ultimately And Successfully Filling In The Whispered Blanks, My Short Ears Erect As My Full Attention Was On Him. Slowly, I Raised Myself Proper, Wanting To Be Somewhat Presentable, Although I Was Sure That No Outcast Could Perform Such A Feat Unless He Or She Was Faced With The Most Dire Of Circumstances...And Yet Still, I Would Try.

"It Is Nice To Meet You, Biull. I...I Am Not Sure Where To Go From Here, I Don't Know Anyone...You Would Be The First I Encounter." I Admitted My Pitiful Truth. I Had No Friends. No Family To Call On. I Was Alone...We Were Alone, It Seemed. Although He Was Strange In The Manner He Spoke, He Was Certainly A Sight. I Noted The Small Scarring Across His Eye, Had He Been In Something Tragic As Well? An Accident Perhaps? Moving On, The Scars Trailed Over A Color Of The Most Vivid Green I Had Ever Seen, While The Left Eye Contained A Most Beautiful Shade Of Blue. I Had Never Seen A Wolf Nor Creature With Two Colors In Their Sight Before, And It Awed Me. "You Have Very Beautiful Eyes, I've Never Seen Anything Like It." I Stated Dumbly...I Hadn't Meant To Blurt It Out, But It Had Left My Lips As Soon As I Thought It. Embarrassed, I Looked At My Paws. And If I Had A Tail, I Was Sure It Would Be Tucked Beneath Me As Well.