gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Athena I
10-08-2014, 10:31 PM

Life was good. He didn't know of any other way to think about it. Life was really and truly good. No, they didn't have a for sure home as of yet, but the willows had become as much their home as anywhere else. His children were healthy and growing up to be amazing creatures. Surreal and Falk's children had been born and were healthy as well, something he was certainly glad to see. Now that the storms had passed and he had Imena had been given the chance to restock their stores of herbs he was at ease once more. He trotted lightly through the willows with a few sprigs of meadowsweet in his jaws. He could feel the cooler weather on the air and because of that he had been even more motivated to collect as many herbs as he could find. With so many little ones running around now and of course with several members of his family getting up in age there was a high chance many of them might come down with something and he wanted to be prepared.

That had been a harsh realization for him. He realized that he would soon be eight years old and he could only wonder to himself where the time had gone. He was seven and a half and he had just now had his first litter of children. He was just now getting to settle down with the love of his life. So much of his life had been in turmoil and uncertainty that these precious moments felt all the more fleeting. He knew the signs. His joints were a little more stiff than they had been in the past, the spring in his step wasn't quite so springy. He just refused to accept it. He wanted to see his kids grow up, he wanted to see them have his grandchildren. In the back of his mind he knew he was probably over reacting, possibly having a small mid-life crisis, but it was still a hard pill to swallow.

He had been so wrapped up in his thoughts that he almost hadn't noticed the gray woman laying at the edge of the lake he was currently walking around the edge of. He skidded to a halt a few feet away from her, his two-tone gaze blinking with surprise. He quickly set down the meadowsweet currently occupying his jaws and dipped his head apologetically to the stranger. "Oh, hello. Sorry, I didn't see you there. I hope I didn't disturb you too much."

Speech
Thought
Companion
Others