gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
05-17-2013, 08:02 PM

[Image: for_starsight__the_fifth_planet_lives_by...5z8esy.png]

his expression seemed to change as she listed her symptoms off to him, and the dread within her grew more heavy. her conscience refused the conclusion that she too was coming to, and worked frantically. perhaps it's not that. just something really bad. or something. she thought, mostly incoherently. but then that single set of words dropped from his lips, and she froze. the only sound between them was mercury's surprised hiss.

"lies!" came the devil's snarl, and he advanced threateningly, fur standing on end. "lies, lies!"

jupiter had a feeling that she should stop jupiter from ripping her celeste's jugular from his body, but her throat had closed up and her legs had locked themselves and long ago thrown away the key. finally she managed to extend a paw to touch mercury's pelt, but it was all she could manage before she pressed her forehead against the ground. paws lifted to cross over her tucked dial, and after a few moments she allowed for her head to rise once more, audits pinned and lacking care for the slight patch of damp soil that clung to her temple.

"no, no, no. nononononono." her voice was incredulous, and she somehow seemed to find the sudden energy to rise to her paws and begin pacing. "nuh-uh. impossible. it can't be. i wasn't-- my season isn't until wint-- no, nope. there has to be something else." there was no use denying it, though. she knew it. with every fiber of her being she knew it, and was being forced to accept what her body had been trying to tell her all along.

she settled quietly onto her haunches, celestial optics seeking marvel's silver orbs. it was in that moment that she came to terms with the fact that she was staing the father of her pups in the eye.

this was nearly-crippling news. as a pup, every little girl dreamed of growing up and becoming accomplished, and eventually settling down with the perfect wolf and actually planning children. they would stargaze as the she-wolf's belly swelled with her offspring, pointing out the ones that sort of looked like pups and thinking up all of the names in the world. a small, immature part of jupiter was screaming in protest, screeching that this was wrong; that this wasn't how it was supposed to happen. her gut churned and she would have been sick again if the previous contents of her stomach hadn't already been dumped a few feet away.

it was then that the oddest sort of calm washed over her, as cool as the waters of the river she adored. in the face of adrenaline and distress she had learned, as a leader, to take on this quality, and now it appeared. a deep breath cycled through her, and then another--in, out, in, out. she sought his eyes once more, having broke whatever possible contact had been established in a frantic sweep about her.

"you're the father." the statement was said with what seemed to be nearly a lightness--in fact, her tone seemed almost... casual. just as there had been no cuddling and sweet nothings on the night of their fling, everything within her expected the same with this arrangement. there would be no snuggling in the grass and staring at the night sky; no milling over names. she had no idea how responsible of a father marvel would make. in all honesty, the only obligation he was required to have as the healer of ludicael would be to deliver the pups--nothing more.

mercury's back arched in the manner of a cat as he glared daggers at marvel, retreating a few steps in his own shock. after a few moments of boring into him with his beady eyes, he turned tail and stomped off into the mangroves, furious with everything in the world.

prone to violent reaction. ic actions have ic consequences and she lives and breathes it.

public enemy #1

crawl. crawl more. drag your hands and knees across the destruction left in my wake to the ends of the earth. there's a green light of a shining star in my sky and there will not be an obstacle i will not overcome until i cup that star in my palms. the void in my will has been filled with purpose. so crawl. crawl more, love.
because i like it when you're on your knees.