gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
10-22-2014, 10:10 PM

Amalia's eyes grew wide at the kings next words, blinking up at him. Athena cared for her? But... how? She listened to his words with a shocked expression on her face, russet head shaking back and forth. "I'm not sure what you've seen, but Athena and I have never said anything like that to one another. I mean I..." She trailed off, unable to look at him as her paws shuffled in the snow. "I care for her, greatly. I have loved her for a long time now, but have never told her any of it. I didn't want to come between you two, to be the bad person that broke up a relationship." She slowly looked up, her mind reeling. He had said things about his father being very open about his relationship, which only made her head shake more. "Just because your parents acted a certain way does not mean that it is forced upon you. You are your own person, and everyone has goodness within them. It is your own choice -- its your life and you can do with it what you want, dream, and desire." Not that she was much of a good example, having hid her feelings for so long now.

He had said something about him standing in their way, and she nearly choked on the very breath in her throat. "Stand in our way? You state that Athena cares for me but she chose you Vereux. I am okay with it, and I feel no anger towards you. I wish nothing more than to have you as a friend, but you are not standing in our way. I don't even know if there is an us." She said with a soft sigh, her head hanging. "It is I that feels like I am standing between you two, and have often thought of just wandering off again. I couldn't do that though, not again. But if you wish it, I will work on concealing my feelings for her. I don't want to be the other woman, I couldn't live with myself if that was the case." Blue eyes grew somber, but she smiled weakly at him.