ardent

Surprise!

Aeil

gems
size
build
player
05-19-2013, 11:50 PM
What she had expected from the stranger's mouth was definitely not manners. Her blue eyes widened as he spoke and she plopped onto her haunches with a definite thump. Even though the storm raged outside, the sound of her sitting echoed off the den's surrounding walls. She didn't do anything but listen to the words that rolled from the male's brain and to her ears. Those sandy white dipped ears perked with intensity and curiosity as he continued to speak. Aeil took in the words and understood them, but the way they were spoken was something she wasn't used to.
'Uh oh,' she thought. 'He's finished talking. Say something!' Aeil swallowed her heart that was in her throat and cleared it before she spoke. "Umm-" she cleared her throat again and shook the blank stare from her wet muzzle. "It's-it's quite all right," she said with a brief hesitancy. "I was out for a nice stroll in this weather-" 'Oooh, you LIE!' she thought, "and I didn't realize the storm would be this...lovely." Her head turned to the raging piece of nature outside and the thunder rolled to confirm her statement. As her mind swam, she took a deep breath and let it clear for a few seconds. "Actually.." she said, a gentle seriousness in her voice as she turned her gaze back to Adonis, "forgive me, I didn't mean that." Relief appeared in her blue eyes when she told the truth and her features relaxed into a warm smile. "I got caught in the storm and this was the only place of refuge I saw. It's not my den, but I'm thankful it belongs..or belonged..to someone because I would still be drowning out there." Her blue eyes searched his face curiosly and when the lightning flashed, she saw a better description of his features.The male's politeness had definitely thrown her for a loop. She still struggled to think of what to say as she said, "I wouldn't mind sharing this den with you, especially if you are not infallible." The temptation to shake off the dripping water was creeping into her medium frame, but she stopped herself and said, "It's nice to meet you, Adonis. My name is Aeil..not very long, but it works."