Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-26-2014, 10:15 PM

Athena awoke to the sound of her sister's howl with a groan. She was glad that Roman was so gung-ho about all of this, but the thought of getting up just seemed so awful. With a sigh Athena pulled herself to her paws unhappily and began making her way slowly toward the meeting place. She couldn't move at the pace the wished to with her huge belly. It would be any day now that the pups would be born and she couldn't help but wonder how many of them there would be considering how large she had grown. Finally she arrived only to see her dear friend Haruka ranting about loyalties and leaving. Her brows pulled together and her dark ears flicked back unhappily, but luckily she happened to be standing right in Haruka's path with the woman went to storm of. "Haruka, wait! Please, I'll let you leave, I just want you to listen to what I have to say." Her eyes pleaded with her before she waddled closer to the middle of the clearing, not looking back to see if Haruka actually stayed.

She sat near Roman with a sigh, glancing around at all of those who had already gathered. She knew all but one of them, although she did notice not all of the Bevroren members had appeared yet and she wondered if all of them would if Haruka's reaction was any indication. Kyung actually showed himself, but didn't look pleased. Of course Vereux was there, but she already knew how he felt about the situation. And then there was Devin, who unsurprisingly looked like he was simply there to do his job like he always did. "I'm sorry for the surprise," she said with a small, apologetic smile, lifting her voice so they could all hear her, hoping that maybe the others would arrive soon or would at least hear her so she wouldn't have to repeat herself. "This was a decision that was made just last night so I haven't gotten a chance to speak with you all just yet. Really only Vereux and Amalia knew. I made the decision to hand over Bevroren to my older sister, Roman, because I am tired. I haven't been able to complete my duties to the level that I wish to do them for some time now because of my pregnancy and honestly... I was really too young to be in such a position in the first place. I'm burned out. I am sorry... I have let you all down. But I have to put my children first and I want to be able to raise them without being constantly called out to meet someone or doing patrols or running training sessions and the like. Perhaps, one day, I will change my mind and hunt down a crown once again, but for now I leave Bevroren in my sister's very capable paws. I hope that many of you choose to stay, but I will understand if you do not..." She glanced sadly toward Haruka, hoping her explanation was good enough for her friend. Bevroren would certainly be a strange place without Haruka's constant shadow.

Speech
Thought