[P]erhaps now we are free

Adair

gems
size
build
player
10-28-2014, 04:08 PM

come with me now

With her eyes closed, his scan the area, ever watchful, ever wary for any sign of danger. She's listening, he knows. When was the last time they'd truly relaxed? Had there ever been such a moment in their short lives? A heavy sigh drags its way between his parted lips, floating under the gentle berating of his sister. With a grin, he tilts his head mischievously at her.

"Now have I ever lied to you>" About this? Maybe. But there remain no secrets between them. Secrets only serve to divide and cause suspicion. And Adair is plenty content to focus all of his suspicion on the outside world. When she stands he follows her gaze, though allows himself more time submerged in the chilled spring. "I'm not sure," he admits. It's not natural for him to feel immediately at ease anywhere, and this place is no different. But there's a certain protectiveness here. It's secluded enough, with ample water, and admittedly creepy trees. At Ella's suggestion, his brow furrows. "If they're scared of me, they won't bother us." But he knows she's a more social creature than he, more friendly despite their hardships. He stands, concern drawing deep lines in his face. "You know I don't like when you go off alone. Especially hurt." His grievances come across more like a whining pup than an authoritative brother. "We can both find food if you stay here."