gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
11-03-2014, 02:49 AM

Walk | Talk | Think

Requiem still lingered nearby, spending too much time on his thoughts about where he ought to go next. Not like it really mattered - he had no idea where he was or which direction would bring him back home at this rate - and at any rate it certainly did not. In the time it took for him to deliberate, glancing about him as if something would catch his eye and draw him on a new path, the brown wolf beside the stream glanced up and noticed him standing there, eliminating any chance he might have had of making a quiet escape. The second he made a glance back toward her, just before he could reach a decision, he realized he had been spotted.

Ears still pressed to his head, the Destruction boy stared back at her uncertainly, trying to discern what her calmly blank expression might have meant. It almost seemed friendly, or at least more friendly than he would have expected from a hostile stranger, but he was well aware how deceiving looks alone could be. It was not until she spoke, in words strange and foreign to him, that he felt the anxiety that shifted about in his middle give way to the first stirrings of confusion. His black-marked brow drew slightly deeper into a frown as he regarded the rogue, utterly at a loss. "I...I'm sorry?" Wondering if he had merely misunderstood, he left it open for her to repeat herself, not daring to close any of the distance between them but puzzled and wanting clarification nonetheless.