ardent

Lost Family

Wren

gems
size
build
player
11-03-2014, 08:04 PM
She had returned to Abaven only a few days ago. Skinny, starving, weak. Her legs could barely hold her ill body up. But Wren was so happy. Her and Bass had reunited, and he swore to make sure she stayed put in their den until she recovered. Although...staying trapped inside a den for so long was too much for her. She wasn't so ill that she had to be hidden away all the time...right? It wasn't as if she would suddenly collapse and die. Maybe, just maybe, she could sneak out and return before Bass came back for the night. Of course she knew that if he returned and found her gone...he'd be horrified and he'd probably be frantic to find her. But what was the worst that could happen? She just wanted to stretch her legs a bit...no harm done in that.
The weak girl slowly uncoiled and found her paws, tired eyes turning to the entrance of the den as she attempted to even out her weight. Instead, she staggered to the left and collapsed. But it wasn't anything bad. She just stood again, and uneasily squeezed her way out of the den.
Lately, both her and Bass have noticed her strange behavior and mood swings. But, since she wasn't in season during that night, she wasn't worried about anything. Even if that thought of children sounded wonderful...she was weak. She was skinny. Giving birth, and raising them even, would be very difficult. Even with the help of Bass and others. If she gave birth...and wasn't able to care for her own children, she wouldn't know what to do with herself. She'd be so overwhelmed with weakness and fear. Guilt. Wren hasn't ever seen herself as a great mother, anyways. So thank goodness she wouldn't end up with pups anytime soon.
Suddenly, a smooth, beautiful song rattled in her ears not too far away. Wren snapped to attention, minty green eyes lighting up and ears pining forward suddenly. It sounded...sad. Way too quiet to be anything like a summoning or a claiming howl. Maybe this woman was just singing? Wren didn't know, but she was curious. So, with a quick change of directions, she began to make her way toward the sound of the howl. Not without a second thought.
Once she arrived, she stopped a few feet away, and studied the face of this woman. She was white like the snow...or like the moon itself. She also had pretty grey eyes that blended in perfectly with her coat. But what really caught Wren's attention...was the tears that flowed silently down her cheeks as she ended her mournful song. Sympathy coiled around her heart like a snake, and almost immediately the weak white-faced girl approached her from behind. "Your voice is beautiful..." She cooed in her sickly, cracked voice. "I-I wish I still had a voice like that." A friendly smile bloomed across her face, her weak paws moving her up so she was beside the stranger. Then, she sat, minty gaze turning to the moon. "But the song you are singing...s-sounds mournful. May I ask why?"