Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
11-05-2014, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 07:34 PM by Katja the First.)

Raisa shook her head, every inch as stubborn as Katja, and sighed before reaching for Katja. The viking was surprised to find herself embraced so, and stood in stiff shock for a moment. Raisa's warmth and scent surrounded her, and Katja suddenly relaxed against her, pressing into the ashen fur, wrapping her own muzzle over the former Queen's shoulders to cling fiercely to her. "I am, and always will be, your friend," she spoke, low voice jagged with feeling. No, she would never be able to deny her. But she was shaken, disconcerted and unbalanced by the depth of the emotions that swirled and rippled in her soul - she'd always been intensely loyal to those closest to her but this was an intensity she'd only felt for one person in her life. She shuddered against Raisa in a reaction that may have been fear, before sending the gods a silent, heartfelt plea.

She could not fail Raisa again, even if the woman had released her from all oaths to her. A friend. "You will always be welcome with me, Raisa. But..." she pulled away to gaze very seriously into the Xanilov's eyes. Her friend. She didn't have friends. Allies, family, or enemies, yes, but now... A friend. She didn't know how to be a friend. "I will not mislead you. You must know that I won Yfir by challenging the Olympus family. Virgil's children... your adopted children..." she added that with a reluctance that grated - damn little Valkyrie for getting that stuck in her mind - before continuing. The agony of emotion was settling beneath a thin layer of steel, forced into quiescence for the moment within the viking's hard fought control. Raisa needed to know everything. "I claimed them for Yfir. They reside with Valeriya in Ebony but they are Yfir's. Virgil has sworn to see me dead for it." There was a grim sort of satisfaction seething beneath her last words, echoed in the sheen of her slanted eyes, that she did not bother to hide, that she had stung the Olympian so far she would do such. There was guilt there, too, that tenacious itch, but she did not look away. She was not a good person, could never be such by the standards of this land, had no wish to be and Raisa deserved to know that. Raisa deserved to know how Katja had failed her. She would know why she should not have refused to kill the viking.?

""