gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
11-17-2014, 10:35 PM

His sister's words struck him dumb for a moment. Val, leaving? But... didn't that make sense? She'd always been the one longing for adventure, resenting all the responsibility she had forced on her just as much as he used to resent not having it. Their relationship had nearly come to a very volatile end as children when he'd tried to take his own problems out on her, and he'd very nearly left the pack to strike out on his own - laughable considering that he'd been shy of six months old at the time and hadn't a bit of sense. Val on the other hand had done exactly that only short time later, and she'd not only survived she'd thrived and found a confidence that he could only admire and envy. He'd watched her take control of the pack but... clearly she hadn't been happy and content. You could only fake so much. And he couldn't really disagree with her about their mother.

"I understand," he spoke softly. He stared down at the snow between them in thought. That thin layer really did make everything that much more beautiful. Maybe if Virgil hadn't stolen him away from Ebony he wouldn't have felt this way, maybe he'd have said the hell with Ebony and the Xanilov name just like he had as a pup but... the thought of coming home had been what kept him going in Olympus when he'd been terrified and alone and withdrawn into his own head. With a sigh he lifted his masked head to look at her. Val. "I want you to do what makes you happy and if that means you leaving Ebony then I think you should, because you being happy means a lot more to me than Ebony. But... I can't go with you. I need Ebony to keep going. I can't leave it. And..." his voice dropped, timid but with a solid surety of what he was asking. "I could take care of Ebony. I could be alpha."

"Talk" "You" Think