Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
11-18-2014, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 04:59 PM by Epiphron.)

Perhaps she should've told her children about Maverick's betrayal, about the children he had fathered without her; a slight frown grew on her lips as she finished speaking. It seemed like something their father ought to have told them himself, but despite her wish for his return -- even if just for closure -- he hadn't shown his face. He was more of a coward than she could've ever imagined.

It seemed like Caeto's demeanor shifted then; the joy he had expressed quite plainly upon seeing her seemed to harden as she spoke. Her own expression would falter slightly. Pain was evident in her gaze as she studied him. "Son..." she began, a sigh slipping from her throat. "I have mourned for too long, and I have been angry at him for far longer. I do not expect you to forgive your father, for I haven't, but dwelling on it will not help you." Perhaps meeting his half-siblings would help Caeto in some way, though she knew it was not something she'd be particularly interested in herself.

She was grateful when he spoke -- saying he'd been in Arcanum. A curiosity painted itself on her features, compassion obvious in her stare as she studied her son. "You have not told me about her," she would start carefully, wondering what this girl meant to her son. "Who is she, Caeto?"