Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
11-29-2014, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2014, 09:05 PM by Motif I.)

Motif was so exhausted she could barely keep her eyes open. She felt woozy, no doubt that was from blood loss, and she was lulled into a false sense of comfort now that Rhythm was here. She felt that so long as her sister stood over and attended her, nothing could go wrong. She believed in Rhythm as a healer, as strongly as she believed in Bass as their Alpha. She closed her eyes, concentrating only only pushing and any spoken commands Rhythm gave her. She only fluttered them open again when she heard the sound of a pup crying its first cry. She too realised what Rhythm and Bass had and her eyes would flicker to the pups lined up before and only then realise the cool touch of their bodies against her. Initially warm from her blood and womb, now growing cold in the outside air. She stiffened, her eyes moving first to Rhythm, then Bass, before curling herself around the one littler girl that directed her attention to the stillness of the others. She coaxed this girl to her teats where it began to drink in soft, sucking noises that filled the otherwise still and silent cave.

She closed her eyes, curled protectively about this girl, so exhausted she also didn't know how to feel. There was a dull ache in her chest where her heart should have been and she could still feel the cold, unmoving bodies beside her. She shuddered softly at their touch, and in wonder, she had felt they had taken so much from her, of her life and belly and food – how could it not have been enough? She was so confused to her mixed feelings, the mothers anguish that curlted her stomach, mixed with something else, something despicable in the moment – the relief, for she had never wanted to be a mother. “Rhythm, Bass?” she whispered, needing them to speak.

""