size
-
build
player
05-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

The timid wolf's face brightened as Scipio proclaimed to have had a very nice sleep, happy to note that he had spent the night soundly there beside her just as she had beside him. It was strange, indeed, to feel comfortable like this outside of her pack's territory. She had always felt so sure that the safest place for her could only be there, where there were friend and protector alike to watch over her and keep her company. But it seemed she had underestimated the wanderers who traveled the lands unclaimed, wrote them off too quickly as being deviant and worrisome. Scipio had proven there were gentlemen among those strangers, perhaps even ladies too, and she promised herself to be more mindful of this the next time she came across an unfamiliar face. Which would be easy enough to do...if she could also manage to get over her timidity.

A single word, a quiet phrase, slipped from the wolf's smiling muzzle as he looked at her, his deep blue eyes only resting on her a moment more before finally drifting away. What had he meant by that? He hadn't made it sound as if there was anything wrong with her - if he had she wouldn't have expected his smile - but the true meaning was lost to her, her naive mind unable to process it and decipher it properly. Merci returned the unexpected, puzzling word with a sheepish smile, her ears turning slightly as she ducked her chin toward her chest and glanced away. How was she to respond when she didn't know what he meant?

Choosing instead to ignore it, Merci changed the subject. "Thank you. For letting me stay here with you," she said quietly, drawing her dark brown gaze back to meet his, "I know that walk back to the Glaciem would have taken a while. I wouldn't have gotten as much sleep as I did." A short pause punctuated her speech as she let her eyes drift away, the mention of home reminding her of her duty to her pack and her responsibility to be there. She didn't consider herself much help most of the time, but she would have been incredibly disappointed in herself if she managed to miss something important. "I should probably head back soon," Mercianne added haltingly. She hated to leave Scipio so soon, especially since they just woke up, but she felt it important to remind him that her time was not completely her own.

[Image: nzhxu8.jpg][Image: nzhxu8.jpg][Image: spx4z8.jpg]