Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-24-2014, 01:58 AM

Walk | Talk | Think 

As his forepaw curved around her, Bera wiggled further into his embrace, so grateful to be with him again and missing his brotherly affections. She had been without it for so long, been without any of the support that she had apparently taken for granted while she had lived with him that she was hit strongly now by how much it had actually been missed. She felt at home again, more at home than she had ever felt in Yfir, and more comfortable too. She might have found Freyja there, might even have begun to work with her for training, but nothing could compare to this here. 

She would have happily skipped the storytelling but it was really only a matter of time before the right questions were asked and she was put on the spot. If she had had ears, they would have fallen back against her head, but instead what remained of their stumps mimicked the gesture as she continued to hide her face in a moment of shame. "A pack," she answered nervously, honestly, unable to say anything but the truth even though it pained her to admit it. Though he still had not drawn back aside from what he had done to look at her, Bera lifted herself away from him to stand on her own, understanding that she needed to own up for her actions no matter the consequences. 

"I'd been thinking for a while that I might learn more about fighting in a pack, and I thought back to the lady who'd run that festival." Surely he remembered - she did, clearly, and still often thought of the spar she had been witness to. "It turned out she was leading a pack here now - that way," she added with a turn of her head and motioning of her muzzle, "so I went there. She said she'd let me train but...I had to join the pack to do it. It was hard, and somehow I did it - Freyja was there too, she was my mentor - but then someone else took the pack and everything fell apart." It was not at all the tale she had hoped to live through when she had set out. 

Still feeling ashamed, embarrassed, and guilty for not valuing Thor and his knowledge more, the tall brown yearling ducked her head slightly, staring downward. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you."