Premonitions

Soleil

gems
size
build
player
05-30-2013, 11:31 AM
A Beautiful Storm - Jennifer Thomas

It was dark outside as Soleil patrolled the border. She was not a sentry, this was not her job. Regardless she had done it endlessly since following Collision's stale scent to the edge of the pack's land. To have followed him would have been stupid. To wait for him to return at the same spot he exited would have been wishful thinking. So she had spent a good two and half days sweeping up and down the length of the Valhallan border hoping to see him return.

Was she angry? Yes. Did she want answers? Yes. But Soleil was not a stern as most wolves, she hadn't the resolve to be truly angry at her mate. Above all else she missed him. So long it had been since they had curled up together. When she conjured him in her head, those beautiful, strong eyes shone brighter than the sun. It was all she had, hope that he would return. She had to believe that he wouldn't leave her. Soleil had pulled herself from the den in which she had suffered a long and terrible illness. She had no intention of ever returning there.

She moved slowly, wearily. Hours had passed since she last took a break. The endless monotony of trolling this one thin line of land was getting to her. The petite female had resolved to stop in another mile and call it a night. Clouds passed over the moon and she was thrown into complete and under darkness. No sound came to her but scent would always be her ally. It was him. Collision. Lest her mind played cruel tricks on her, Collision was ahead. Her heart leaped into overdrive, pounding away in her chest cavity.

She broke through the barrier of foliage before her to see him there. He looked defeated and this wiped the smile from her face. Her blue eyes darkened and instead of feeling sorrow for her mate, she felt anger. She sat down, just as the moon came back into view washing them both in silver. "Sit up." Was the first thing she demanded.

"You should have told me what was going on, Collision. Imagine my confusion when I realized that you're no longer alpha, hell I don't really know who is anymore. Cairo called the meeting, said something about an Icarus but then were was Epiphron too and who knows, maybe Chrysanthe..." She ended her little ramble with an unhappy grumble. Her eyes had fallen to her paws which messed with the ground, tearing it apart. "Listen," She jumped up, moving slowly toward him, "I don't care what you did or what anyone else has done... but don't you dare leave me."

Her eyes shone and her voice had become uneven, a messy mixture of grief and desire. Finally she gave in, throwing herself at him, covering him with sloppy kisses. "Not ever again!"

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator