Chapter

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Novella
12-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Félicien of course should have realised that Sorrel was hardly the type for jokes, especially not at a time like this. The boy's sense of humour was nearly non existent, such a serious fellow and now though they may have been spoken for his benefit he wasn't about to laugh. The concerned look upon his features told the story that not one ounce of worry had faded away as he looked carefully at his twin. "What's wrong?" He asked quietly, evidently a horrid cough for starters as was swiftly demonstrated but what were the other symptoms, what could he be given to help him along with a swift recovery? Where on earth was their mother, she would probably know what to do right away!

A request for water would be the first response however. Sorrel gave a small nod of his head "I'll be as quick as I can." He promised and swiftly left the den. "See if we've got any watercress, marshmallow or valerian root." He asked the owl once outside. They'd been able to gather quite a bit of the plants, the damp ground from the summer floods certainly helping their growth. Hopefully there was still some left within the stores. Féli would probably need other herbs too, though something for the cough at least was a start. Ellingham obediently flew off without another word.

Sorrel would be the first to return, depositing the water close to his brother. "Here you go." He spoke softly, mismatched eyes studying his sickly twin for any other symptoms he could pick up. It probably would have been far more efficient to work out all of them first before giving Féli any herbs but he was apparently too worried to think completely straight at the moment.