Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
01-12-2015, 02:32 PM
It never surprised Áki when he received odd reactions  from others -- often of surprise, fear, or interest. He was aware that he was larger than most wolves, his frame bulky and muscular. He knew he was intimidating at first glance. Even more than his size, he knew his tusks were strange and foreign to most wolves to see. Though he had never seen a wolf like himself before, he never thought of himself of strange. He had simply been born with them; he gave it little thought beyond that.

The scent of another reached his nostrils and he would turn his head sharply to face the woman, who padded toward him from the distance. Her gait was relaxed and far from threatening, her voice inquisitive as it rose up among the gentle sounds of spring that had engulfed him. "Why does anyone think it is okay to ask if I was born with these?" he replied a bit indignantly. Brows furrowed as he drew a bit closer to her. This woman had a kind face and seemed genuine to the core; "I would never ask you if you were born with that nose or if you simply stuck it to your face." The man's voice was deep, laced with an accent that was not from these lands, but perhaps of a more northern world; and despite the low tones that fell from his slightly parted jaws, there was no malice in his voice, merely exasperation laced with slight playfulness.

A moment of silence would follow as he scrutinized her, deciding her question hadn't been too horrible after all. "They have been there since I was born," he would tell her finally, as though unveiling something that was far more interesting than he truly thought it was. "But what about that nose of yours?" Crimson gaze would sparkle with laughter as he studied her still, wondering what she may say in return.