-
player
06-02-2013, 05:38 PM

I met an old man,

dying on a train,

No more destination, No more pain

He said, "One thing before I graduate:"

~*~

Pawsteps like feathers were all that heralded the grey queen's coming. Ex Queen, in truth. The wind sighed through the trees as though mimicking the swan song of the fallen male. It seemed like everything was ?ex? these days. Years had flown by. Beginigs could still be found here and there, but ends were becoming more and more common.

Crusade paused a good distance from the little hole that Saix had claimed as his den. She?d visited the old male a time or two, and once had a good sit down conversation about the times gone by, but other than that she didn?t think anyone had visited him.

Anyone but Arcane, but perhaps this was the first time she?d gotten the courage up to see him? and now he was gone. For real this time. This time there was a body without soul, eyes without light, a heart without beat.

But there was another heart that seemed on the verge of breaking.

There was nothing to be said that Arcane didn?t know. No lesson or advice to give that wouldn?t seem inadequate and ill placed. All Crusade could do, that is, the most she could do, was be a sister. The timber-cross walked up to Arcane?s side without a word and laid down beside her, pressing light fur into dark as she offered a shoulder to cry on, or at the very least, a touch to know that she was not alone.

~*~

"Never let your Fear decide your Fate"