Cifer

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-02-2013, 08:39 PM

Her words did little to soothe him. He had failed in his mission. He'd also failed in staying home with his family and being the father and mate he should have. Sure, he was a warrior, and he may have been a hero in her eyes, but none of it mattered when home was where he should have been. It wouldn't erase any of his guilt, none of her words would and she would know it, but it at least put his mind at rest knowing she would not hold it against him.

His body relaxed and he took a seat in front of her holding her gaze. A soft smile tugged at the corners of his lips as she told him of their children's well being. He could only imagine how the boys were. He hadn't really been around long enough to see how far adventure would pull to them, but he was sure to certainly see more of it. And his little girl, she sounded almost like himself. Quiet and kept to herself. At least one of the children hadn't been too much of a burden on Crusade.

"They sound like a handful. At least now I'm here to keep an eye on them with you."

Hearing about how she was feeling though, well it tore a hole into him. He'd almost forgotten her age. How could he forget she was ten. He himself was about to turn eight. An elder in the packs eyes. It was almost terrifying. That and he would lose her eventually. He only had a limited amount of time with his family and so far it was being wasted. A worried look flashed briefly in his emerald gaze as he shifted nervously on his paws. He didn't like thinking about it. Each held each other's hearts, but the thought of her leaving before him was heart breaking. Now that he'd found the love of his life and had a family he didn't want it to be broken apart. No matter how confident she was of how old she would grow to become, it didn't defeat the purpose that he didn't have long with her. He himself wouldn't last forever either.

Her words continued the guilt trip inside of him. The man moved closer to her and pressed his face against hers staring into her one good eye with his green gaze. A serious yet anxious look was given.

"I promise. I swear. I'm not leaving again. I mean it. I'm here for you."

It was all he could do, promise that he wouldn't leave. He owed it to her. At least he felt like he did. He gave her a soft lick on the muzzle, a kiss, almost as if he was sealing the promise, before breaking away. He knew she would believe him. They'd been through too much not to trust him now. He would stand b his word. As much as it killed him he would remain in Glaciem. He'd still have vengeance for his best friend's killer, but he'd let Gargoyle and the others handle the tracking. Perhaps though, they would offer him the final kill if given the chance.

Speech,