gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
02-03-2015, 03:17 AM

Amalia listened to what he had to say, her hackles settling down along her spine. Anger didn't suit her, it never had. Tears welled up in her eyes as he spoke of nothing but guilt and hurt, and the woman swallowed hard. She knew that her words had been harsh, but there was no other way. She would not allow him to walk into their lives and ruin everything, not when the boys were trying so hard to settle in here. If Ver came back into their lives... she shuttered at the mere thought of it. The boys were still broken over it, and having to lose Roman so close to when he vanished. He asked her to tell Athena that he loved her, and she nodded her coloured head. "I will, Vereux," she said softly, falling heavily on to her rump. A shuttering sigh left her, tears falling. "I'm sorry that it happened like this, but I just..." she cut herself off, head hanging a bit lower, "I'm sorry..." Amalia watched him turn and walk away, keeping her eyes locked on him to make sure that he didn't come back. But he turned his head, and she saw the words that were not spoken. She smiled softly, sniffling as she tried to calm herself. And then, he was gone. A heavy breath rushed out of her lungs, relieved that no one had been here to see him leave. He was so close to death that his scent was hardly there, the border basically eating it all up. She knew that she had to hide his coming here, so she walked up and covered his scent with her own.

Her blue eyes fell on Arian, finally stepping forward to nuzzle her cheek. "I don't care what happened to you, but I have a large stock of herbs here. I will get you fixed up as soon as Mother gets here." Her voice was back to being sweet, lips quivering as she tried to smile. She pressed herself up against her sister, even though it had been years she was still family. "You know that Mother hates them all, the Armada's. She nearly had Athena's throat when we first found her." Ama laughed softly, head shaking at the memory. "And please don't be sorry, I didn't mean to react like that. But they just took so long to get over him... I couldn't put them through that again." She hoped that Arian understood it, because she already felt the guilty enough. "Now, enough of this sadness!" Shaking her head, Amalia pressed her nose against her scared face, heart breaking for her. When she said how beautifully she had grown up, a slight flush rushed to her cheeks. "Oh hush, you know its all from Mother," she said with a laugh, stepping back to give the woman some room, "and she should be here soon."