Nagendra

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-08-2015, 11:56 AM

He listened, still smiling. ”Ah, I could imagine,” the young man replied with understanding. Maybe that was what he loved most about being out here like this – the lack of responsibility. It was liberating, although thinking about it made him feel like a selfish child, and guilty. The word “responsibility” was a heavy one. Was it wrong to have left his family behind like that? To take the opportunity to shed duties with the excuse that his family was substantial enough to care for itself? Which it was. So was it really something he ought to consider an excuse? He wasn’t sure, but still felt guilt lingering in his stomach like dark smog.

When his attention shifted back to the present situation, he would focus on Rhythm’s voice once more, thanking him. A bold and genuine smile flashed across his face, washing away the emptiness that his pondering had left behind. When she informed him about the area, he’d nod again to show his attention. He supposed that was as much as he could expect. Anything could happen. He looked away again for a second as thought rose up to try and envelope him, but soon he caught a glance of movement, and looked back to Rhythm. She began to try and stand, and Nagendra’s lips parted slightly to draw in a soft breath as he rose and took a step back to give her room. She didn’t last long though, and went back down. ”Oh,” a barely audible murmur escaped him as he stepped forward again to sit beside her, frowning sympathetically. ”Hmm, you need to rest a little longer, I suppose?” He fell quiet for a moment, trying to think of other ways to pass time and distract the girl. ”Could you tell me more about Abaven?” he hummed. Another useful question. Hopefully she wasn’t bored by all this.