Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
02-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Epiphron couldn't help the worry that had sneaked itself into her tones. As a mother, she could not help but fear for her children... especially Caeto, her son who had always been distant from the rest, had been through far more than he seemed to let on. Her gaze softened instantly upon hearing his voice, far more cheerful than the last time she'd spoken to him, and she found a genuine smile drifting over her ebony lips. He even seemed to embrace her back. Something had changed in him -- and it pleased her to see Caeto in a remarkably good mood, for the serious boy.

"A call from any of my children brings worry," she admitted softly to him. "Though I'd much rather you cause me worry if it means I get to see you again." The warmth in her features was visible as she watched him. What a fine man he had turned into; she couldn't be more proud of him, though she felt she hadn't gotten to know who had had turned out to as well as she might.

"Amalia actually came to me recently, with her wife and the sons she had adopted with her." Though she didn't sound upset at the fact, it was still strange to her, and something she was learning to get used to. "And I've seen Cassius, as well." A hint of sadness touched her lyrics. Caeto's older brother wasn't doing well, though she intended to nurse him to health as well as she could with the help of Amalia and her family; not just physically, but emotionally as well. "I've actually inherited a pack," she admitted, her voice somewhat guarded as her two-toned ears twitched, assessing his features for a reaction. "The former leader of Ludicael was killed, and she chose me as heir. Why, I'm not really sure -- but I'm thinking of building a home for our family. For you." A bit of playfulness sparkled in her blue eyes. Though she had been power-hungry once, eager at the thought of being known as a Queen across the lands, she had lost everything. All she had now was her children, and she was determined to build a place for them to thrive, together.