gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-09-2015, 05:16 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

The man's golden eyes were calculating but his tone as he answered was still more neutral than Rune's sounded to his own ears. And nothing was held back. There was no contempt in the spoken words about Viridiana and her wife, but there was not fondness or obvious respect either. That was a good sign, one that further loosened the tight muscles around the grey Guardian's shoulders and eased a quiet breath out of his lungs in something almost like a sigh. Maybe they had been dropped just as Rune's family had been, left behind without a thought, without a backward glance. Maybe that would work in his favor now.

He was reminded again that for all the information he had been given nothing had been offered in return, and it was only the arrival of the new wolf, one who held a strong resemblance to Scorpion, that stopped Rune from answering right away. "I was here for a time. In Covari. I came here to be with family, and I was abandoned by that family. Nothing but morbid curiosity drew me back." That had to be it. He gained nothing by coming here, back to the border of that pack that once had been, except maybe...

His critical blue eyes passed once over the newly arrived male, over the healer female, and then back toward Scorpion, the apparent leader of the group before him and possible patriarch for whatever family still lived here. "I've put all of that behind me and have a pack of my own now, a place where my family can finally be comfortable and safe." Safety had been first and foremost on his mind once they had been abandoned by the pack, and he was proud to say he had created that for them, his haven of Secretua that was still standing and still strong in its own right. "Are you comfortable here? Safe here?" he asked, feeling some vague sense of camaraderie with this man and his group. They had been left too, only they had failed to regroup within a pack as his family had. "Would you rather not be in a pack?" Appealing to the woman, he turned his blue stare upon her and added, "I know Warja would be happy to see you again."