gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
02-13-2015, 05:10 AM
 "Oh.." He breathed, shifting uncomfortably. This boy seemed to hold an air of power, perhaps it was just his ego or his arrogance, but Starling was much too young to understand what that meant. He just stood there, shifting from one paw to another as he looked from the stranger to the ground and back again. He wasn’t comfortable meeting new people, especially ones that seemed to stand above him. While he wasn’t really Prince material, he was the alpha’s son. It wasn’t so much that he felt he was due manners and people being polite with him...it was more that he had never come across someone that showed him something else. Shifting his paws again his lifted his eyes from a blade of grass he had managed to focus on, back to the boy.

"I...I-I’m terribly sorry..." He whispered, brows pinching and ears falling back. He couldn’t imagine his life without his mom and dad, he couldn’t imagine being alone, or knowing that they were gone. Death was a very foreign concept to Starling, he had barely even seen a butterfly die. Sure, he ate meat, but he had yet to see one fall. As far as he knew, everything was alive and stayed alive. It was almost...jarring, how matter of factly this boy spoke of the fact that his parents had died...recently! With a deep breath, he looked away again to stop the stinging in his eyes, sighing to release the tension swelling in his chest. "What’s your name?" He breathed, looking back up at the child, trying to be friendly. He knew if he were alone...he wouldn’t want to be. Perhaps he needed a friend? He shifted a paw towards him, taking a hesitant step towards him. "M-my name is Starling...Bass and Wren’s son..." He trailed off then, fidgeting his paws and shifting his gaze away, unsure how to go about this.

"Burn Baby Burn"