Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-21-2015, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2015, 04:31 PM by Motif I.)

Hope when you take that jump
You don't feel the fall
Hope when the water rises
You built a wall

Rhythms soft howl would reach her ears, and she flinched from the strange, familiar sound of it. Once, not so long ago, Rhythm had been her life, the sound and scent and touch of her sisters coat against hers had been as familiar to her as her own breath, now the sound seemed changed to her, different, or had over time her mind taken from its beauty, because the sound of her sisters call was so sweet, her lyrics so beautifully musical that her memory of it no longer matched up. How could she forget such a simple thing in just a few weeks? How could she forget what her sister sounded like.

Hope when the crowd screams
They're screaming your name
Hope if everybody runs
You choose to stay

As the other girl closed the distance between them, she found herself becoming more fearful, afraid of what she would find – would she even recognize Rhythm now? After only a few weeks, would her sister be a stranger to her? The thought was so horrifying that already she was blinking back tears and struggling to control herself. As her sister fully came into view, she had managed to get a grip, and took a deep breath, reminding herself why she had come – for closure.

Hope that you fall in love
And it hurts so bad
The only way you can know
You gave it all you had

She managed to calm herself, to pull a serious air about her and stand up straight as Rhythm stopped before her, and her sister would lean forward to nose her cheek, and Motif would go rigid with tension at the touch, remaining still until her sister had pulled away again. Taking a deep, calming breath, she looked at Rhythm, and spoke. “You've had a few weeks to see how life in Imperium is, would you still rather stay there, then come ho- return to Abaven?” she asked, struggling so bad to sound almost.. detached, to take out the mental tramour the line of questioning brought her.

And I hope that you don't suffer
But take the pain
Hope when the moment comes,
You'll say:
I, I, I
I did it all

OneRepublic - I Lived Lyrics

""