Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-22-2015, 03:05 AM

When she turned to him, racing and grabbing his scruff, he thanked the heavens. She had stopped for him! He let her pull her towards a den, towards safety, away from the booming sky and the storms that shone even brighter against the ocean. It hurt a bit, he wasn't a child any longer and his scruff didn't appreciate being pulled so angrily, but he stumbled after her. "You stopped.." He panted, turning wide stormy eyes towards her. He didn't move to flick the moisture from his fur, just let it drip as he stood there, staring, watching her as she flopped onto the cave floor. It was almost amazement that crossed his face before a loud clap seemed to shake his chore. With a rather childish sound he leapt towards her, moving to smoother his large body against her and hide from the thunder. He knew it was crazy, he knew how stupid a fear it was, especially for an element he was named for, but he was terrified.

He listened to her speak, reguardless of whether she allowed him at her side or not, and he stared at his paws. A gentle sigh slipped from him as he laid his head upon the cave floor. She wasn't happy, he knew that. It was obvious, and it was the reason he was here, but he expected more than fear. He expected something different, something like how unfair it was to her. And it was, he knew that, but they had tried. They found a warm place, with water, and elevation, that was close to nature and allowed for wind. They tried their hardest! And yet it wasn't good enough.

"I'm sorry..." He began, in a small whisper, curling in on himself. His family was everything to him, and disappointing someone, especially Serefina, it hurt him greatly. He felt as if his forest had burned, as if his fire was put out, as if the celestial bodies fell from the sky. His family, his energy, his everything, that was what mattered to him, and right now he felt as if he could do nothing but put tape on the problem. Soon it would all unravel and he'd be alone in the thunderstorm. "Will it help anything, Serefina, if I swear that we tried. We searched...endlessly..and this was as close to everything as we could get." He whispered, turning towards her.

"All I want is a home. That was my check box. You all needed your elements, I needed my family to be safe and settled. Fire, water, trees, sun, moon, wind...I needed you. I know you're unhappy, but please, give this a chance?" He turned his gaze away from her again and laid his head on his paws, sighing. "I understand fear...this place seems to have more thunderstorms than I can handle.." He jolted as another clap burst overhead, and he shifted to press against her warmth. "But I can handle it with you here...We have gone too long without a home, I longer than you..." He needed it, he craved it. Voltage was a damaged creature, one stinging from the regection of his parents, and the displacement of his family. All he wanted to do was settle, and flourish. Maybe then his fear that they would all scatter and leave him would fall away, maybe then..

"Talk"