gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-01-2015, 12:12 PM
ooc:  I hate writing lecture posts, hope this is alright  xD

Time and persistence and perhaps the virtues of their own genetics were quickly molding the pups into warriors and it simply thrilled Dægmar.  How quickly they'd jump to her commands.  Like her own personal army of munchkins.  She grinned at her son, her darling Sabre who moved without a word and sat rigidly at attention, awaiting her orders.  Falx was a bit of a different story but Dægmar would not fault her enthusiasm.  She'd take that over complaining any day.  She collided with Dægmar's front legs and the woman moved to do precisely as her daughter had asked, attempting to shove the girl roughly and send her rolling. "Hush now, Falx.  Get in line!"  Karabela was the last out of the den… again.  Dægmar glared at the girl but didn't say anything as she fell into line and addressed Dægmar as m'am.  Good, good.  She could handle that at least even if she was slow to rise.  Respect was a far more difficult thing to instill than waking early.

Dægmar began to pace in front of her soldiers.  "We've spent the last month drilling defenses and maintaining balance.  Now it's time to review attacking and offense.  Your greatest weapon is your jaws.  It is from your fangs you will deal the most damage.  In most cases you'll want to go for a grip, not glancing blows.  Should you succeed in grasping onto your opponent you can then thrash your head and rip their body to shreds."  Dægmar glanced at them, pausing mid-stride in her lecture to make sure they were paying attention.

"In addition to your jaws you have other means with which to attack but most of these are far less efficient.  Your claws can not deal out worthy damage unless you go for an eye or the nose and even then you have to reach up and risk your balance.  Slamming your paw on an opponents toes to sprain them is a reasonable attack.  Throwing your shoulder or your chest into an opponent, another option but you will likely take some damage in return.  I could go on and on about the intricacies of attacking, how starting distance factors in, etc, etc.  But let's move on to targets."

Dægmar paused in the center of the line, turning to face them.  To see if she still had their attention.  She could lecture forever on the subject of attack but aimed to keep her first lesson fairly succinct so she could get them sparring.  "Targets… the throat, eyes, and belly are particularly desirable.  As are important tendons and ligaments like the achilles tendon in the backlegs just above the hock."  Dægmar gestured to her own limbs, pointing out the sinew that held her frame together.  "If you cripple your opponent you are half way to victory.  Remember what you were instructed to defend in defenses training?  Well these are the targets you'll want to go for.  Force your opponent to open up a vital spot then hit it.  Ok, I will not bore you further with instruction.  I believe in learning as you go.  So here's what we're going to do, you three are going to spar each other and we'll see what your instincts are when it comes to attacks.  I WANT YOUR DEFENSES UP AT ALL TIMES!  We've gone over that enough I don't want to see slacking.  We'll work on that for this week, next week we'll go over attack combinations and then over precision.  BEGIN!"

"Speech"