Othello

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-24-2015, 12:03 PM

The longevity of her wait was growing by the minute, although it felt like hours and days had passed since her call. She hadn't known that within the very pack before her rested her beautiful Isolde, the poor dear that she had left behind when life had caught up with her. But a flash of movement caught her eye, misty purple pools looking upwards to catch sight of the very woman she was mourning. Othello froze in place, her pale paws refusing to move. Her elongated tail quivered behind her, trying to see if this was simply a trick of her mind. Did she truly imagine her spotted companion to her, or had she been here all along? So many questions swirled in her mind, but none of it mattered the moment her name was uttered. She caught the tears already streaming down Isolde's face, and a whine left her maw. They were right on the border of the pack, but as soon as Isolde echoed her whine she didn't care. Only her front paws crossed the line as she pushed forward, burring her face into the soft neck of the spotted one. "My Isolde..." She breathed, greedily drinking in the scent of the mother. She was shocked to pick up the faint pack smell, but even more at the bareness of it. Only the smell of Soliloquy clung to her, the scent of the pups absent. Her eyes opened wide, but she tried to hide it as she placed a plethora of kisses along her neck and scruff. "Of course I came back, dearest," she answered at last, drawing her head back so that she could rest it against Isolde's forehead, searching her darker gaze. "I should have never left in the first place." There was regret in her words, the wish to turn back time and stay at her side. "Seeing you there with your perfect little babies, well it broke my heart. I couldn't handle it, it made me miss Mercy and Revenge so much. I... I was a fool to turn away from you like that, but I had thought myself to be a burden at that point. You had Sol there, much to my regret," she said, a smooth chuckle rumbling in her throat, "but you had your family. And where did I fit into it? I was just the broken companion, who's sadness would taint your most perfect moment." Othello's words were soft, whispered as she moved her nose up, pressing it into Isolde's left cheek. Eyes were squeezed tightly shut, her heart hammering in her chest. "But I realize now that if I would have stayed... I could have been there for you. I was so selfish, to flee like that, when you needed me. And now... this. Did you join this pack on your own free will, or were you a package deal with our land?" She almost didn't want to ask, but it wasn't adding up. It was suspicious, and she didn't like the direction that this road was heading. Othello eyed Isolde thoughtfully, trying to draw the truth out of her spotted friend. She would take no less than that, even though she deserved none of it.
""