Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
03-26-2015, 08:18 PM

Integra still regarded the pair cautiously. She believed them. They seemed to be telling the truth but the word family had only ever meant her siblings and parents to her. Uncles, aunts, grandfathers… they were never part of the equation and she wasn't comfortable redefining what family meant to her out of the blue. Integra's ears flicked back slightly as Lysis offered to help them with their chores. Chores meant herb gathering to Integra, it was her private time and also a chance to wander outside the borders of Imperium. She wasn't sure she wanted any adults to know where she'd been going for lessons just yet. She was fine with giving her name to the woman but…. her attention turned to the male as he spoke and she frowned. She liked her chores and wondered how he could expect them to ask meaningful questions. Drashiel and Roman had died when they were quite young… what could they possibly ask? Integra opened her mouth to at least give her name, however as she was about to voice it Atreides spoke.

As harsh as his words were she was appreciative of them. This was just too much to take in right now and she wanted nothing more than time to process this. "I'm sorry, but we need some time. We've been on our own for so long it's hard to process that we have relatives that are only now just springing up out of nowhere…." She appreciated them trying though and would throw Lysis a bone. "My name is Integra. I really must finish my gathering. Good day." She moved to reclaim her marigolds in her jaws before turning and racing after Atreides. Had the pair been there for them when Roman or Drashiel died it would have been another story but what good was a port in a storm when the storm had already passed?

-exit-

"Speech"
[Image: yKuOSHo.png]