Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
03-29-2015, 02:06 AM
Regulus

Zuriels eyes scanned the herds, and he followed his sisters gaze, trying to pick out an animal he might have missed from the herds. At her motion, he gazed toward the youngster. ”Maybe…” Her plan made some sense, however much his protective instincts might stubbornly announce ‘no, she might get trampled.’ He was brightly colored; sticking out like a sore thumb in the lush green grasses. His eyes swept the herd again, then the surrounding area. They fell upon the river, and the big boulder a ways away from the herd. Slowly, a plan formulated. ”Alright… You see that big boulder? I’ll-- hrm!” His voice cracked, squeaking out of the beginning baritone before dropping back as he cleared his throat. His ears flicked back against his skull as he glanced at his sisters two-toned blues, daring her to tease him about it.

”I’ll wait out of sight behind that boulder while you drive the animal toward it. If we’re lucky, maybe I can jump it as it passes. When it’s distracted by me, get its tendons. Mother says the best point to bite is above the point of the hock. I’ll try for the neck.” He managed to get through the rest of the plan without puberty squeaks and cracks. He kept one eye on the weedy target as he turned his head toward Zuriel. ”Does that sound good?”