Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Nagendra
04-19-2015, 03:02 PM
She spoke aloud the fact that he had just been wondering upon: it wasn’t actually necessary. He didn’t need to follow her anywhere. He was silent for a moment, still as a statue with a face equally unreadable and stony. There was perhaps the faintest kiss of disappointment and uncertainty. He blinked, his glance falling to the now invisible ground, and then up again to the elegant contours of Lirika’s moonlit face. ”No… I don’t need to, but…” But he was her brother. And he needed to make everything right again. He understood that he was in a perfect position of perfect vulnerability. She had every ripe opportunity to reject him, to thrust the final stake into his heart and leave him tortured and bleeding. It felt like he was teetering on the edge of that fate – Lirika perhaps not entirely convinced of his worth. He could have run – run from the mere possibility – but he did not this time. ”I don’t…” he licked his lips, pausing again and staring intently at her nose while trying to figure out what exactly he wanted to say and how to say it. He exhaled softly but audibly, his chest and spine feeling jittery with anxiety. ”I don’t want to leave you again… I want you to know that I’m here for you now, and we don’t have to stay together, but… I mean… I’ll be around. If you ever need anything,” he locked his gaze back upon her again, and in that instant, he was a child again, his shimmering eyes widened and filled with innocent intent.