gems
size
Medium
build
player
Anais
04-20-2015, 03:19 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

The news that Ebony had retaken the Stone Steppe had been just about musical to Callisto because of how much she had preferred it over all of the pack's territories. It had been such a disappointment to realize it was no longer theirs when she had returned from her imprisonment, and it had taken her some time to find a new den that could replace the one she could no longer claim. And it seemed that just the moment she had begun to settle into her new accommodations, the old ones were theirs again.

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone so happy and irritated all at once," the dry, teasing voice of the black cat spoke as she traveled ahead of the wolf on their way to Ebony's newest acquisition. Uncharacteristically, Callisto laughed, a quick, short sound of momentary amusement. If she seemed off to the cat, it was nothing compared to how she felt. With her heat in full swing and an awkward new complacent rhythm being given to her life as she readjusted to everything again, she felt entirely out of sorts. And strangely in a positive mood.

"Don't get your hopes up, the happy has nothing to do with you," she promised. If the cat wanted to run off, she still would have been happy to see her go. "And here I thought we were almost friends," the feline stated, feigning hurt, as they at last reached their destination. Callisto's silvery blue eyes rose to admire the tumbled down structure that gave the Steppe its name, listening closely to the world around her. Silence. Just how she liked it.

"So you're moving back to this empty thing?" As if on cue, the black cat interrupted the quiet to satisfy her curiosity with a question, and Callisto fest her irritation flare almost like normal. "I haven't decided yet." There was a strong part of her that wanted to. After all, this place had given her comfort and solace more times than she could count. Moving everything from her newest den to her old one would be a chore though, undoubtedly. Still indecisive, Callisto followed along behind the cat toward the piece of the Steppe that housed her old den, hoping a quick inspection would help her make up her mind.