gems
size
Medium
build
player
Anais
04-20-2015, 10:25 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

He almost answered her, and Callisto was near positive she heard a bit of frustration in his voice. It was uncharacteristic of him - every other time he had spoken with her it was always with the utmost patience, as if she was innocent of any misdeeds. But now that vision of her that he had once clung to seemed to have shattered, and with it his opinion of her too. Good, she thought, maybe if he gets tired of me I won't have to worry about him anymore. And she could fall further back into some semblance of normalcy with her life, even if it would not be anywhere near the one she had lived before.

She never thought she would have been grateful to have the little black cat around, but when she waltzed forward to intercept the once-healer of Ebony she felt almost fond of the thing. At least with the cat talking to him she herself did not have to interact with him directly, which made her life easier. Though only just. Callisto fidgeted, wanting to be away from him, wanting not to be in her current condition when she was around him. It made her feel even more awkward than any of their previous conversations had.

Maximous spoke to the cat, who gave him her full attention, while Callisto pointedly ignored him, looking away and refusing to acknowledge him though she heard every word. And there was no denying a little voice in the back of her mind that wanted to try this new herbal concoction he spoke of in order to render her temporarily infertile. At least if she was there would be no more surprises, no more reason for anyone - or at least a particular someone - to steal her away for a second time. No more pups to abandon.

The cat seemed to think it was a good idea too. Her brows rose above her large gold eyes, and, keeping with her unbiased position, she turned to Callisto and admitted, "I think you could do with taking these." The Ebony healer, however, was still sticking to her stubborn silent game. Sighing, the feline turned again to the wolf and offered him an exaggeratedly wide grin. "You can leave them with me. I'll make sure she keeps them." Being what she was, and so unfamiliar to everyone here, she hardly knew if the wolf would agree to give her the thistle, but it was worth a shot. She had already wheedled out the story, and she was pretty sure Callisto was against becoming reacquainted with it.