gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-10-2013, 10:41 PM
i'm the lonelier version of you

Tiresias listened silently to Natsu's story, strikingly like his own. Perhaps all brothers were like that, ungrateful and ready to leave at the drop of a hat. He'd never know how his other brother would have reacted, the one born without a pulse, and hoped that the situation would have been different. Tyberius needed Tiresias... Tiresias was sure of it. How could a three-legged skeleton, fresh to the world, know anything about keeping himself alive? It was true that Tyberius was a different wolf now, with his lies and general hatred of the world, but Tiresias still pained for him. He could never forgive himself if word of Tyberius' death ever reached him; he was the physically stronger brother, it was his job to protect, wasn't it? Natsu didn't seem at all sad about his own brother's departure, but maybe his moral compass wasn't overbearing like Tiresias' was.

Natsu attempted to comfort him, and Tiresias was accepting it, for what it was worth. If Natsu knew his cold-hearted brother, maybe he'd have spoken differently. A meeting between the two would not bode well, even with Tiresias as even-tempered as he was. Tyberius was too far gone from what his scarred brother knew, and only problems would arise. There was little to no chance of Tyberius ever changing, in Tiresias' eyes. His crippled brother would become worse, surely. "You are an optimistic wolf, I must say. Tyberius has changed much, lying to entertain himself; however, you could be right. Things may be different with time." His tail wagged gently at the thought of a reunion between himself and the brother he was once so close to. Even if it was only a thought, it gave him a bit of strength.

"Thank you, Natsu. Enough about me, and more about yourself," Tiresias said with a hint of a grin. This wolf was bringing out more of his lively side, and his end of the conversation was becoming easier.

tag: Natsu ? notes ? credit for lineart: akreon