gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
05-05-2015, 12:59 AM

Walk | Talk | Think

They should have been settled into the pack, Lior working toward learning more of her healing trade and Anais exercising her skill with hunting, but instead they were as Glacier was, camped outside of the border. The golden girl was sure her sister was having second thoughts, and since it was such an important decision she did not pressure her one way or the other about it. Instead, Anais gave her time, trusting that her little sister would end up choosing whatever suited her best in the end. And with her brothers sticking close by, ever watchful of their siblings, she felt safe in their new environment.

There was something missing though, or rather someone, and the sound of the howl that called for her, only her, excited the butterflies within her as only that missing piece could. Was it really him? Eagerness sent her rushing off to search, hoping she could find him easily, and the moment she spotted him the excited little hunter's expressive face broke out into a smile of pure delight. "Glacier!"

All things considered, she should have added a little touch of caution to her approach, but in her excitement she did not think things through. Too much time had passed since she had seen her closest friend, her crush, her secret love, that she could only think to race right up to him and greet him with an attempted hug. Which was just what she did. Anais slowed just before she collided with his shoulder, still bumping into him rather forcefully, and immediately nuzzled into his deep, midnight blue fur indulgently.

Only, as she did it, she realized everything felt different. There was something...more to her need to be close, her need to be embraced by him. And it was not altogether like the friendly interactions they had had previously. She drew back from him slowly, hesitantly, confronted for the first time with the full effect of her season, and as her slow movements were not making enough of a difference fast enough she scooted back a couple steps with more haste. Embarrassment turned her cheeks pink beneath her fur, and her ears tucked against her head.

Did he know? But how could he not! She was knowledgeable enough now, particularly after everything she had been through, to understand that her season was not something easily masked or hidden. It was obvious, and for that reason she had to be her most careful during that time. And here she was, running quite literally into the one that she harbored secret feelings for while right in the midst of it! "I-I'm sorry, I," she stammered, embarrassed further that she could not get the words out without a quick stutter, "I just...I haven't seen you in a while..." Anais fidgeted on her paws, wanting to avert her gaze but finding she could not, and though she was still embarrassed and uneasy because of everything she made herself smile, albeit sheepishly. "I've missed you."
Art by Arin

* Because he has become her protector, Glacier is allowed into any and all threads that Anais may be in, regardless of how they are tagged.