Deivad

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-07-2015, 05:48 PM

His brows raised as Arian answered his questioned, surprised to hear that it was common for wolves younger than themselves to take on leadership and that the youngest she knew of was a yearling. The expression on his features went from surprised to concern, finding it ridiculous that someone so young would be allowed to ruled without any protest from somebody older and far more experienced. Did it mean that wolves were dying sooner in these lands? Or did people just not care who ruled and just wanted to be part of a pack? It was confusing.

Deivad quickly shook the thoughts away to refocus on the female's voice, ears perking up and listening to her talk about how she had previously lead a pack but that it ended badly. This time she was determined to to better. He nodded his head to this, understanding a bit but unable to feel bad for the girl for her previous pack failing. That is why back home wolves didn't take them on till they were older, had their mind made up and had some bit of experience. He wouldn't voice it though.

Contagious, the man smiled almost immediately after Arian did. She went into describing how things were in her pack, explaining that they worked together and no one dragged another around. Though she was their alphess, she was merely acting as a guide, allowing them to make decisions together, similar to how her mother use to rule. ”That is an interesting method.” He voiced quietly, not wanting to interrupt her to bad when she was still talking. This pack was her way of finally having a home after losing all of her others, wanting to protect it and create a safe place for future generations to grow and prosper. ”That is a wonderful goal, Miss Arian.” He said with a nod, tail beginning to wag steadily.

The conversation shifted now, moving from her ruling to the possibility of him and his family joining Sonticus. Bringing up how he mentioned he didn't fit in packs and that hers was small, he would be free to explore as he wished with his family, even if they weren't part of the pack. They would be welcome. The man would breath in heavily, his head lifting, jaden eyes staring to the changing sky in thought. ”It is a generous offer.” Lowering his head the man tried to keep the smile there to remain friendly and everything but he couldn't fully hide the uncertainty in his features. ”My family and friends have suffered greatly from our birth-pack, so we are wary of packs we come across.” He paused, searching the girl's face for a change in expression. ”I will have to decline joining for now, I apologise. I would have to check it out first then slowly convince the others if I find it suitable, that said, it might take some time... Thank you though, it is very kind of you.”

Deivad tried his best to kindly decline Arian's offer for now, but he would consider it and think about the possibility of joining if the pack turned out to be as she described it. Everyone in the group deserved a good home, especially his litter-mate Gessika... she deserved so much, needed someplace safe to heal from the damage inflicted. Thinking about the family, the male's attention shifted towards his surroundings as the wind shifted and brought a chill with it. Eyes squinted as he looked off to the side, a light snowfall appearing to be approaching them from further north. "Looks like snow is rolling in."