Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
05-09-2015, 05:11 PM

Glacier would hold Anais close, feel the beat of her heart through their contact and feel each rise and fall of her breath. He could truly call her his now, and he hers, and everything else in the world was forgotten in that moment – the dull ache in his leg, the worries of the day, everything was gone but Anais. Anais however couldn't quite forget so easily and he could feel a light change in her emotions and would search for her eyes to find the pain there and would know what she was thinking – family. Never would he ask her to leave her family to join him, and never could he abandon the siblings he had pledged to guard and protect and love. It was a cruel situation to find themselves in and he couldn't help but wonder if he had done the right thing in kissing her, or if in doing so he was setting them both up for suffering.

She would admit to the same thing he had, and he brushed aside the worry again, to let them consider it at a later date – for the moment they both just needed to enjoy this. He dug his head into the back of her neck, breathed in the scent of her, felt the rising of his heart beat and knew he was still giddy with elation and love, but also knew he was in control of himself. Admitting what he had to Anais had grounded him, gave him something to hold on to and strengthen his will to do right by her.

He would lift his head when he felt her pull away slightly, and she would tilt her head up to look into his eyes and he in turn would look down into her soft ones and his lips would twitch in gentle amusement. He didn't say anything as they looked into each others faces, through his eyes would dance when she kissed the side of his muzzle. Then she would open her maw, and speak, and his heart would break. I love you she whispered, and he knew that they both would be suffering all too soon. He hadn't wanted to hurt her, he wanted only to comfort and love her, to let her know she was loved and cherished, but he also could not leave his family for her. His own eyes misted over and he leaned his head down to rest his forehead against hers, still searching for her eyes despite the closeness. “I knew I loved you on the cliff side of my home, little Anais” he whispered.

"Words"