gems
size
Medium
build
player
Anais
05-11-2015, 02:22 PM

Walk | Talk | Think

To his credit, the male wolf seemed to know at least a little bit about the wolf who the cat had taken to following around. It was true, Callisto was as stubborn as they came, and the cat had to wonder just how much Maximous had gleaned about her just from simple observations and the past interactions they had had. She knew her mistress was completely against the man, knew she was completely against the notion of trusting others after everything that had happened to her, but the cat was not entirely convinced she was right in turning this one away. There seemed to be something here worth looking into; it was just a shame Callisto did not feel the same.

Though she could see that it pained him, the ex-healer was smart enough to excuse himself as a means of getting the woman he had feelings for to come closer, and the cat admired his perceptiveness. He really did know the girl very well. "That's right," she answered with a firm nod of her head, her claws once again flexing upon the plants he had left in her care, "and don't worry so much. She'll be fine." Of course, she had no way of knowing anything of the sort, but she supposed it was just the type of thing he would have wanted to hear in order to ease his troubled mind.

Maximous left, giving the cat and Callisto space, and it was only after she was sure he was well enough away that the Ebony healer finally turned to regard her feline companion through a narrow-eyed stare. "Why did you need to get all chummy with him?" she snapped. If the cat was going to be following her around, then she needed to act according to Calli's wishes, not her own. Pinning her ears, the cat spat back, "I get you a plant that's going to make the rest of your season easier on you, and this is the thanks I get?" "How do we even know it's going to work?" Callisto countered testily, and the cat only laughed. "Did you even see the way he looked at you? He wouldn't give you something that wouldn't work. If anything, I think he would have been willing to test it out right here if you asked."

Callisto growled warningly, not at all amused by what the cat was insinuating. Those were Max's feelings, not hers, and nothing of the sort was going to happen. But what he had given her was still a small treasure, something that was not easy to ignore and overlook. She did not want to feel indebted to him, for any reason, and yet the notion was there. It made her frustrations worse than they were already. "Take the damn things, then," she muttered darkly, turning and resolutely walking away, "I'm not staying here."

With their inspection of the Steppe prematurely over, the cat sat a moment and watched after her wolf companion as she walked away. She was such a horribly stubborn creature. Maybe that was why the feline had been compelled to stick around in the end. The cat sighed exaggeratedly and rose languidly to her paws, and, after a few false starts, gathered up the thistle plants precariously within her tiny mouth and followed awkwardly after Callisto.

-Exit Callisto-