Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
06-07-2015, 07:20 PM

Her words threw him for a loop. He'd been preparing for a rejection, been bracing for the inevitable end. Valentine almost didn't believe her. Everyone who had ever meant anything to him had left him. It had been nothing for them to walk out and he'd been expecting the same from Rhythm.

Breathing hard through his nose, Valentine's gaze darted away. His jaw worked, disbelief momentarily silencing him. He didn't know what to make of her. She'd sounded so certain of her decision.

His gaze returned but he remained guarded. Valentine wanted to make several things clear before he could accept that it was safe to make up. "I'm not going to change," he said firmly, "By staying you have to accept that." He wasn't above maiming or killing. If she couldn't stomach the fact that he would castrate Soliloquy again in a heartbeat if he had the chance to do the fight over, then she needed to cut ties while she could.

"This is not a democracy, but you are entitled to your opinion. However," Once more he replayed the way she'd walked away from him and the embers of his anger flared to life. "I will not tolerate being undermined in the presence of others again. I am King. Your King. And Imperium needs to present a united front." He sighed. "I want you to stay. But," The brute paused to make sure he was sure he wanted to say it, "But I want you to be happy and if this life isn't for you, you need to get out while you can." This was, perhaps, her only opportunity. By staying she was committing herself to him. She'd said she belonged to him, but could she really accept the ramifications of such a statement?

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.