Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
06-09-2015, 09:44 AM

Seeing her normally upbeat daughter so distraught was difficult. On the surface, there was nothing apparently wrong, but she knew that appearances could be so very deceiving. She felt her chest tighten as Amalia began to speak. Her daughter was unsure, but knew something was wrong. A soft sigh left her lips. How familiar this was to her...

"Come," she'd urge her gently as she pulled away from her to slip into her den. If Amalia wanted to break down and cry, to rant and rave as much as she wanted, she knew she didn't need to do it where she could be seen. It definitely wouldn't make things better. As they slid into the den, she would move to embrace her daughter again. "I think I know how you feel," she said softly, wanting her to know she was not alone -- even if the situation was not identical. "I went through the same sort of thing with your father. When we lost Seracia.. it wasn't taken from us, we had grown bored and restless. Sad, even." She'd spent most of that time focused on her children, rather than her pack, and Loccian had taken over for both she and Maverick. "We grew distant from one another, for no real reason. We thought we wanted adventure, a new start. We joined a pack named Ebony for awhile but we couldn't find our purpose there." She'd shrug gently. So long as she and Athena loved one another, though, they could find a way to make it work.. she hoped. "Your father was too weak to deal with his emotions and he left. But you?" Epiphron would embrace her more firmly, nuzzling into her daughter's neck. "You are strong, and I promise you that things will get better."