gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-22-2015, 08:44 PM

She simply inclined her head in acceptance when he spoke of wanting to wait until he was more capable to test as a warrior. If he did not have the confidence that he was ready, he was not ready. That would come in time, as would the strength and skills. "It may be that you may find a position as a dreng - a junior warrior - more comfortable for a time than thegn. A mentor would be assigned to teach you what you have not yet learned, and to help you to train and strengthen your body and mind. Of course even a junior warrior must be tested in their resolve." As friendly as the words may be, her cool voice did not alter from her usual chilly distance, and though her attention remained on him as was polite, her gaze rose to scan the land around them before returning to his. She was gladdened, for Kapra's sake as well as the boy's, that he had chosen to join them, but there were many things that still needed doing this day and he was capable of finding his own way around. "I will leave you to find someplace to rest until we move the pack," she told him. "There are likely many dens left abandoned by former Ebony wolves, you may take your pick of them. We will be moving shortly, then when you are ready to test for thegn or, if that is the path you wish to take, dreng, we will accommodate you. If you will excuse me, I have a patrol." She nodded to him abruptly before bounding off along the border with silent steps, returning to her patrol.

-exit Katja-